Sunday, May 18, 2008

Newsflash from Barney Gadd - AUDF FINALS!!



WE Won!

The Big House team won:

Best Overall Production - Gillian Porter and Bart Players' 'The Big House'
Best Moment of Theatre
- 'The fire' - Carrie Mercer and the stage team particularly praised
Best Decor - Alan Marshall for The Big House set
Best Actress - Lynn Taylor as Kate Alcock (Barbara Jeffers as Mary Alcock, also nominated)
Other nominations - included :
Con McAlister as St Ledger Alcock, nominated for Best Actor
Clem Bell as Atkins and Barney Gadd as Reverend Brown both nominated for Best Supporting Actor

On a personal note, I don't know about the rest of you but I am absolutely chuffed about the whole thing and proud to be part of a team which produced their absolute best at just the right moment.

In addition I want to add my gratitude to the Technical boys who sometimes get overshadowed by the 'Oscar' winners.

Brilliant !

© 2008 the bart players




  • If you have have any stories, information or photographs that you would like to share with the Bart Players community, please do so by clicking HERE - we'd love to hear from you!!
  • 1 comment:

    phyllis mckenna said...

    Hi

    I am interested in joining your drama group if that is possible. I was a cast member of the Oriel Theatre Group based in Antrim for eight years until we unfortunately disbanded. I am at present attending a comedy improvisation course run by Rosie Phelan in the Crescent Arts Centre.
    I would love to become involved in theatre again.

    Thanking you

    Phyllis McKenna
    Antrim